Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
17 mai 2022 19:11:00BERANE,Montenegro 19/10/2021
During October, the action on “Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro”, in...
21 mars 2022 16:30:00Podgorica, Crna Gora 21.mart 2022.godine
Osiguranje inkluzivnijeg društva i fokusiranje na sektor obrazovanja, bile su ključne teme...
11 févr. 2022 13:30:00
Call for proposals: Support to local civil society organisations to combat hate speech in MontenegroMontenegro 11 February 2022
Within the framework of the joint European Union/Council of Europe programme “Horizontal Facility...
- Legal and strategic support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and municipalities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Montenegro and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
The Draft Law on Civil Partnerships is a compromise between the needs of the LGBTI community, Montenegro's international obligations and social reality, and its adoption by the state would unequivocally uphold the principles of universality and indivisibility of human rights. This was highlighted at a consultative session on the Draft Law on Civil Partnerships, organised by the Council of Europe Programme Office in Podgorica and the Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro, in partnership with the Committee on Human Rights and Freedoms of the Parliament of Montenegro.
Duration: 36 months (May 2019 - May 2022)
► Citizens of Montenegro
► National and local authorities
► Education professionals
► Sport workers
► LGBTI population, and other vulnerable social groups
► Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
Funding: The European Union and the Council of Europe
Budget: 250 000 Euros