Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
24 juil. 2020 14:09:00
Građanska alijansa podiže nivo svijesti javnosti o pitanjima antidiskriminacije organizujući vebinar o ljudskim pravima i lansirajući onlajn kampanju „Bez govora mržnje“Podgorica, Crna Gora 17. jul 2020
Preko 40 predstavnika i predstavnica nevladinih organizacija (NVO), javne uprave, pravosuđa,...
03 févr. 2020 12:50:00
Understanding how to better protect Montenegrin citizens from discrimination by responding to hate speech and hate crimePodgorica, Montenegro 3 February 2020
Council of Europe experts visited Montenegro on 22-23 January to discuss the implementation of...
24 mars 2020 12:51:00
Call for tenders: provision of consultancy services to support the implementation of the action on "Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro"10 February 2020
Under the framework of the second phase of the European Union/Council of Europe joint programme...
- Legal and strategic support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and municipalities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Montenegro and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
The Draft Law on Civil Partnerships is a compromise between the needs of the LGBTI community, Montenegro's international obligations and social reality, and its adoption by the state would unequivocally uphold the principles of universality and indivisibility of human rights. This was highlighted at a consultative session on the Draft Law on Civil Partnerships, organised by the Council of Europe Programme Office in Podgorica and the Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro, in partnership with the Committee on Human Rights and Freedoms of the Parliament of Montenegro.
Duration: 36 months (May 2019 - May 2022)
► Citizens of Montenegro
► National and local authorities
► Education professionals
► Sport workers
► LGBTI population, and other vulnerable social groups
► Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
Funding: The European Union and the Council of Europe
Budget: 250 000 Euros