Supporting Transparency, Inclusiveness and Integrity of Electoral Practice and Process in Georgia
06 Aug 2020 15:48:00
Training of trainers on electoral dispute resolution was conducted for the staff of the Central Election Commission of GeorgiaTbilisi, Georgia 6-7 August 2020
On 6-7 August the Council of Europe experts, conducted a two-day training of trainers on...
05 Aug 2020 11:09:00
Information meeting with international and civil society organisations and media representatives in light of 2020 Parliamentary ElectionsTbilisi, Georgia 5 August 2020
Current status of the financial monitoring of political finances and some important aspects of...
31 Jul 2020 09:57:00Batumi, Georgia 31 July, 2020
The Council of Europe in cooperation with the Supreme Election Commission of the Autonomous...
20 Jul 2020 12:09:00
The toolkit on “Electoral dispute resolution: strengthening electoral jurisprudence” developed in...
02 Jul 2020 10:21:0030 June - 1 July
A two-day online training on Specificities of Administrative Proceedings was conducted for the...
The Project “Supporting Transparency, Inclusiveness and Integrity of Electoral Practice and Process in Georgia”, like previous electoral assistance projects, is a part of the Action Plan for Georgia 2020-2023, a strategic programming instrument that aims to bring Georgia’s legislation, institutions and practices further into line with European standards in the area of human rights, the rule of law and democracy. Georgia is entering important electoral cycles of parliamentary and later, local elections. Considering the latest developments, it is crucial that Georgia maintains progress and achievements made towards ensuring integrity, transparency and quality of the electoral process. Despite tangible steps forward with that regard, there are still shortcomings to be addressed.
The overall objective of the Project is to improve electoral processes in Georgia and bring it closer to European and international standards and good practices in electoral matters.
- Promoting dialogue platforms and providing electoral stakeholders with high-level policy advice on legislative reform, electoral practices and their effective implementation;
- Strengthening administrative, operational and management capacity of election administration;
- Strengthening administrative, operational and management capacity of the Political Finances Monitoring Department of the State Audit Office;
- Promoting gender equality and women’s political participation, enjoinment of electoral rights through increased awareness raising for vulnerable groups and youth;
- Promoting good practices in the area of new information technologies with regard to impact on the integrity of electoral processes.
- Election Administration of Georgia, commission members and staff;
- Electoral Systems Development, Reform and Training Center;
- State Audit Office of Georgia, Political Finances Department;
- High School of Justice, judges;
- Domestic CSO;
- International Organizations;
- Political parties;
- Georgian citizens.
The project runs from 1 January 2020 until 31 December 2022.
Maia Jorjikia, Senior Project Officer
Victoria Koplatadze, Project Assistant