Supporting Transparency, Inclusiveness and Integrity of Electoral Practice and Process in Georgia
22 Sep 2021 09:47:00
The Council of Europe Office in Georgia is implementing Get out the vote initiatives and voter...
29 Jul 2021 16:43:0028 July 2021
An online workshop was held on 'More women in (self)governance and barriers female candidates...
13 Jul 2021 09:47:00
The Council of Europe electoral support Project continues publishing the periodic electoral...
30 Jun 2021 13:25:00
Training on ‘Electoral Law and Electoral Dispute Resolution’ was delivered to the court personnel of the Georgian common courts
The Council of Europe continues implementing a study course on ‘Electoral Law and Electoral...
03 Jun 2021 10:50:00
Call for the development/upgrade of a web platform for the Political Finances Monitoring Department of the State Audit Office of Georgia
The Council of Europe is currently implementing a Project on “Supporting Transparency,...
The Project “Supporting Transparency, Inclusiveness and Integrity of Electoral Practice and Process in Georgia”, like previous electoral assistance projects, is a part of the Action Plan for Georgia 2020-2023, a strategic programming instrument that aims to bring Georgia’s legislation, institutions and practices further into line with European standards in the area of human rights, the rule of law and democracy. Georgia is entering important electoral cycles of parliamentary and later, local elections. Considering the latest developments, it is crucial that Georgia maintains progress and achievements made towards ensuring integrity, transparency and quality of the electoral process. Despite tangible steps forward with that regard, there are still shortcomings to be addressed.
The overall objective of the Project is to improve electoral processes in Georgia and bring it closer to European and international standards and good practices in electoral matters.
- Promoting dialogue platforms and providing electoral stakeholders with high-level policy advice on legislative reform, electoral practices and their effective implementation;
- Strengthening administrative, operational and management capacity of election administration;
- Strengthening administrative, operational and management capacity of the Political Finances Monitoring Department of the State Audit Office;
- Promoting gender equality and women’s political participation, enjoinment of electoral rights through increased awareness raising for vulnerable groups and youth;
- Promoting good practices in the area of new information technologies with regard to impact on the integrity of electoral processes.
- Election Administration of Georgia, commission members and staff;
- Electoral Systems Development, Reform and Training Center;
- State Audit Office of Georgia, Political Finances Department;
- High School of Justice, judges;
- Domestic CSO;
- International Organizations;
- Political parties;
- Georgian citizens.
The project runs from 1 January 2020 until 31 December 2022.
Maia Jorjikia, Senior Project Officer
Victoria Koplatadze, Project Assistant