Support to Modernisation of Court Management in Georgia
1 juin 202325 May 2023
The court coaching programme of European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ)...
18 avr. 2023
Call for selection of local consultants for the Project Support to Modernisation of Court Management in Georgia - Deadline Extended30 March 2023
The Council of Europe is currently implementing EU/CoE Project Support to Modernisation of Court...
WHAT IS THE GOAL?
This project seeks to continue to promote Council of Europe and international standards and tools in the field of justice, as well as to build the capacity of justice professionals to apply those standards and tools to support improvement of the efficiency of the judicial system, facilitate the modernisation of justice administration, including through implementation of new cyber justice tools, and a continuous improvement of the quality of judicial services with dialogue between justice professionals and the public.
This project is implemented within the third Phase of the joint programme of the European Union and the Council of Europe “Partnership for Good Governance” running from 2023 until 2027. It builds on the results of the previous phases of the Partnership for Good Governance in the field of strengthening justice (Phase I 2015-2018 and Phase II 2019-2023).
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT?
- To support improvement of the efficiency of the Georgian judicial system, and notably reduction of backlogs and length of proceedings
- To contribute to improved quality of judicial services through dialogue between justice professionals and with the public.
- Increase judges' referrals to mediation, improve data collection of mediation cases based on the CEPEJ Mediation Development Toolkit.
HOW DOES THE PROJECT WORK?
Through a combination of tailored policy, capacity-building and awareness raising actions.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- The total budget is EUR 800 000.
- The overall Programme budget is EUR 19.3 Mio. (80% is co-funded by the European Union and 20% by the Council of Europe).
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE PROJECT?
- High Council of Justice
- High School of Justice
- Independent Inspector of the High Council of Justice
- Mediators’ Association
WHAT DO WE EXPECT TO ACHIEVE?
- Courts adopt quality and efficiency standards and tools;
- The delivery of efficient and quality judicial services to citizens at the national and court level is enhanced.
- Court coaching program serves as a good platform to improve court management and disseminate practical measures to other courts.
- Court performance through strengthened court management is improved.
- The recourse to mediation is enhanced.
WHAT IS THE PROJECT DURATION?
The project runs from 1 March 2023 to 28 February 2026.
HOW TO GET MORE INFORMATION?
The Project is implemented by the Council of Europe European Commission for the Efficiency of Justice (CEPEJ), Directorate General of Human Rights and Rule of Law (DG I).