Strengthening the Human Rights Ombudsman to fight discrimination
21 Dec 2018 11:59:00
One-week placement for two lawyers from the Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina has...
21 Dec 2018 11:48:00
One-month placement for lawyers from the Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina has been organised with a peer institutions of the EU member states21-12-2018
The placements were organised for 4 lawyers from the Ombudsman institution to the following...
20 Dec 2018 14:16:00Sarajevo 14-12-2018
The draft Manual on how to draft a special report – practical brief for Ombudsman was discussed...
20 Dec 2018 11:45:00Sarajevo 13-12-2018
The draft Guidelines for the harmonisation of the national legislation with European...
As a part of the co-operation programme framework co-funded by the European Union and the Council of Europe, “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey” (Horizontal Facility), the Council of Europe will implement the Action “Strengthening the Human Rights Ombudsman to fight discrimination”. The Action will be implemented in close partnership with the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ministry of Human Rights and Refugees, Ministry of Justice and Judges’ and Prosecutors’ Training Centres of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska.
The Action will strengthen the Ombudspersons’ role as the main human rights defender; support the implementation of its recommendations and a proper co-ordination with other public bodies and NGOs.
The Action, which started on 1 September 2016 and will be completed on 30 June 2018, has an overall budget of 800,000 Euros.
Objectives and expected results
The overall objective of the Action is to ensure that the persons under the jurisdiction of Bosnia and Herzegovina better enjoy their human rights through a strengthened capacity of the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina in dealing with discrimination cases.
The specific objective is to strengthen the capacity of the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina to prevent and combat discrimination. This specific objective will be supported through realisation of the following results:
- The role of the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina to prevent and combat discrimination in line with European standards is strengthened;
- Cooperation is fostered between the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman of Bosnia and Herzegovina and other public institutions and civil society in the fight against discrimination.
- Assessment of the efficiency of the Institution of Human Rights Ombudsman - ENG
- Comparative study on advocacy capacities and activities of the Ombudsperson - ENG
- Guidelines on the legislation harmonisation with nondiscrimination standards - ENG
- Special Report: a practical guide for the Ombudsman Office - ENG