3rd meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Organisations
The 3rd meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller Organisations (16 November 2016) focused on the exchange of information between Roma and Traveller communities, Council of Europe Secretariat services, and Permanent Representatives to the Council of Europe, on recent developments and current obstacles that Roma and Traveller communities face in the member States.
This was the first dialogue meeting jointly organised and held with members of the Ad hoc Committee of Experts on Roma and Traveller Issues (CAHROM).
Over 25 representatives of international, national and local Roma youth and Traveller NGOs discussed the situation of Roma and Traveller youth in Council of Europe member States and the travelling way of life. The meeting combined plenary sessions and workshops in order to provide all stakeholders – experts, civil society organisations, CAHROM members, monitoring mechanisms and other Council of Europe Secretariat sectors – with adequate space for exchange and joint reflection.
3rd Dialogue meeting - Working documents
- Agenda of the 3rd Dialogue meeting
- Thematic report on encampment sites for Travellers and relating issues
- Conclusions report on Roma youth empowerment and participation
- Report from OHCHR: Human Rights challenges concerning Travellers in five European countries
- Questions for the members of CAHROM for dialogue meeting with Roma and Traveller civil society
- Report of the 3rd Dialogue meeting