Application of the European Convention on Human Rights and the case-law of the European Court of Human Rights in Azerbaijan
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are the National training institutions with respect to their capacity to provide effective training to legal professionals; judges and advocates who will receive human rights training.
The main objectives are to increase the role and capacity of the Justice Academy to train legal professionals and to enhance the capacity of lawyers to effectively apply the European Convention on Human Rights.
The following results are expected:
- the Justice Academy strengthens its capacity to deliver human rights training for legal professionals through integration of the ECHR component and HELP methodology and is able to ensure a long-term and ongoing training process;
- lawyers develop their competence to promote, domestically, European human rights standards and use them in legal proceedings before national courts, as well as before the ECtHR;
- national judicial institutions are able to access all HELP/ECHR related materials online.
- Duration: 36 months (1 January 2015 - 31 December 2018)
- Place/ country: Azerbaijan
- Budget: 1 968 871 €
- Funding: Council of Europe/European Union Partnership for Good Governance
- Handbook on Article 6 ENG - AZE
- Handbook on Article 8 ENG - AZE
- Handbook on Article 9 ENG - AZE
- Guide on Article 3 of the Convention ENG
- Guide on Article 5 of the Convention ENG - AZE
- Guide on Article 6 of the Convention (civil limb) ENG - AZE
- Guide on Article 6 of the Convention (criminal limb) ENG - AZE
- Guide to good practice in respect of domestic remedies ENG - AZE
On 20 February 2019, the Council of Europe and the Academy of Justice of Azerbaijan held a certificate presentation ceremony. Certificates were presented to 26 HELP certified trainers who successfully completed the HELP Training of Trainers, 31 law students and just graduates who accomplished the...
The Council of Europe and the European Union are supporting the legal clinic of the Academy of Justice of Azerbaijan to provide qualified free legal aid to vulnerable and disadvantaged groups of population that are financially unable to access legal services. Since September 2018, 31 selected law...
On 15-16 November 2018, the Council of Europe is organising an international conference on “The role and independence of lawyers: comparative prospectives” jointly with the International Commission of Jurists and the Bar Association of Azerbaijan. The Conference is intended to cross perspectives...