LEMON Learning Modules Online
There are currently 18 self-learning online courses available in the framework of the LEMON Project.
Courses vary in length from 2 to 25 hours, catering for different needs of different categories of learners. The courses from the special "Keys series" are targeting busy professionals and provide concentrated information within maximum 2 hours of self-learning.
New courses include:
- A fully-fledged course on the Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture, including a basic, intermediate, and advanced level of learning
- Intercultural School Development
- The "Key to Understanding Social Media, Democracy and Human Rights: A Guide for Educators"
- The "Key to Teaching Democratic Competences for Social Media"
- The "Key to Using Social Media as an Educational Tool for Democracy"
- Addressing Information Disorder with Media and Information Literacy Education
- Education as a Human Right
- Participatory Budgeting and Democratic Environments in School
Welcome to LEMON Learning Modules Online Platform
The Council of Europe Education Department has been developing the online learning platform since 2017 offering practical teaching and training resources to education professionals across Europe. The resources focus on the missions of the Council of Europe - protection and promotion of human rights, democracy and the rule of law throughout Europe.
The courses reflect the priority areas of the Education Programme of the Council of Europe and topics range from democratic competences to digital citizenship, from media literacy to bullying. While they are mostly targeting education professionals, they are also of interest to general public and do not require special preparation.
All courses are offered free-of-charge and can be accessed through a simple registration on the Council of Europe online platform.
Part of the Council of Europe, HELP is the European Programme for Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals.
HELP is :
- the only pan-European Network of national training institutions for judges, prosecutors and lawyers in the 47 Member States;
- an e-learning platform with online courses on human rights;
- a human rights training methodology for legal professionals.
You are invited to discover all the information concerning HELP here