“Marking 70 years of the European Convention on Human Rights in critical times”
2020 HELP Network e-Conference, organised under the auspices of the Greek Presidency of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe
Strasbourg, 8-9 July 2020
The HELP Annual Network Conference is the main gathering of the HELP Network members and partners. It provides a forum to present the latest HELP courses developed and key HELP projects. It is also a forum for discussion on how to enhance the impact of human rights training and how to improve effective co-operation among all members and partners of the HELP Network.
In 2020, due to the limitations caused by the COVID-19 outbreak, the HELP Network Conference will exceptionally be held in an entirely online format.
The objectives of the conference are:
- To highlight the response of the Council of Europe Programme on Human Rights Educational for Legal Professionals (HELP) to the situation caused by the coronavirus outbreak
- To mark the 70th anniversary of the European Convention on Human Rights
- To inform on the current challenges for the respect of certain rights guaranteed with the ECHR and on the HELP response to those challenges through the HELP online courses
- To present the developments in the HELP Programme since the 2019 HELP Network Conference:
- an update on the HELP projects and initiatives
- newly developed or updated HELP courses
- To provide the HELP Network members a forum for addressing their peers
- To present to the HELP Network the newly established Open Council of Europe Academic Network (OCEAN) and discuss links and synergies between OCEAN and HELP
For HELP Focal and Info Points: please access and fill-in the 2021 Roadmap questionnaire, available here, ideally before the Conference takes place and by 16 July at latest. It will help us understand the interest in the HELP courses for your respective countries.
After the Conference, please provide us your feedback at the questionnaire available here, which will take only 3 minutes to complete. It will help us improve in future.