International Conference for Exchange of Best Practices on:
“Equal enjoyment of human rights and freedoms by persons with disabilities: Achievements and challenges"
Sofia (Bulgaria), 22 March 2016
The International Conference for exchange of best practice on « Equal Enjoyment of human rights and freedoms by persons with disabilities: Achievements and challenges” is organized under the program of the Bulgarian Chairmanship of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe - Priority 3 "Protection of vulnerable groups."
The Conference will aim to:
- Exchange experience and best practices on ensuring conditions for equality of people with disabilities, thereby contributing for respect of their rights and their full participation in social life.
- Exchange experience on the practical application of modern aspects of equality of people with disabilities in Bulgaria and member States of the Council of Europe.
- Presentation of achievements and best practices of support to persons with disabilities for life in the community and of exchange of experience with representatives of Bulgaria and other member States of the Council of Europe.
Speeches and presentations
- "We need to do more to bridge the implementation gap between the legal standards and the everyday life of persons with disabilities", Gianluca Esposito
- Opening remarks, Ms Snežana Jonica, Chairperson of the Sub-Committee on Disability and Inclusion
- Présentation of the evaluation report on the implementation of the CoE Disability Action Plan and related good practices, Alfredo Ferrante