Directorates within DG Democracy
The Directorate General of Democracy prepares and implements targeted programmes, policies and standard-setting mechanisms. It monitors a number of European conventions and manages several Partial Agreements, where a selection of Council of Europe member States and often other countries co-operate on a given topic.
The Directorate General is composed of:
- The European Directorate for the Quality of Medicines and Health Care (EDQM).
- The Directorate of Democratic Participation
- The Directorate of Antidiscrimination
- The Directorate of Human Dignity, Equality and Governance
- Support Team for Roma Issues
In its fields of competence, DGII regularly co-operates with national governments and key outside partners including local and regional authorities, civil society organisations and other international institutions, notably the European Union.