Reports and Recommendations on Moldova
The Council of Europe strives to assist the Republic of Moldova in meeting the Organisation’s standards on democracy, human rights and the rule of law, through a range of mechanisms which monitor Republic of Moldova's progress in these areas.
- Nicu Popescu, Minister for Foreign Affairs
- Corina Călugăru, Ambassador, Permanent Representative to the Council of Europe since January 2016
The Republic of Moldova is represented in the Congress by a delegation of 5 representatives and 5 substitutes.
- Judge to the European Court of Human Rights: Valeriu Griţco.
- Applications allocated to a decision body(*) in 2017: 650
- Judgments in 2017: 16, of which 12 found at least one violation of the European Convention of Human Rights.
(*) Do not include applications which are at the pre-judicial stage (incomplete case file)