Independence, accountability and ethics of prosecutors (2018)
Preliminary work - preparation of the 13th CCPE opinion (2018)
For 2018, the Committee of Ministers entrusted the preparation of an opinion on Independence, accountability and ethics of prosecutors (2018). The draft opinion will be submitted for adoption at the 13th plenary meeting of the CCPE, on 22 and 23 November 2018.
The first meeting of the working group in charge of preparing the draft opinion took place on 8-9 February 2018.
The second meeting took place on 7-8 June 2018.
- Robert GELLI (France), Procureur général près la Cour d’appel d’Aix-en Provence, Cour d'Appel d'Aix-en-Provence
- Alessandra GIRALDI (Denmark), Deputy Chief Director, Office of the Director of Public Prosecutions
- David MELKONYAN (Armenia), Deputy Prosecutor General, Prosecutor General’s Office of the Republic of Armenia
- Antonio MURA (Italy), Deputy Prosecutor General at the Italian Supreme Court of Cassation (Corte Suprema di Cassazione)
- Sava PETROV (Bulgaria), Prosecutor, International Department of the Supreme Cassation Prosecutor`s Office, the Office of the Prosecutor General of the Republic of Bulgaria
- Ali RIZA ÜLKER (Turkey), Judge, Member of the High Council of Judges and Prosecutors of Turkey (CJP)
- Cédric VISART de BOCARME (Belgium), Directeur du service d’appui commun auprès du Collège des procureurs généraux et du Collège du ministère public
- Jana ZEZULOVA (Czech Republic), Public Prosecutor, Supreme Public Prosecutor’s Office, Analytic and Legislative Department
- Vladimir ZIMIN (Russian Federation), Senior Assistant to the Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation on special tasks, Office of the Prosecutor General
- Peter POLT (Hungary), Prosecutor General of Hungary, Office of the Prosecutor General
- Tristan PLOOM (Estonia), State Prosecutor, the Office of the Prosecutor General
- Report from ENCJ on Independence and Accountability of the Judiciary and of the Prosecution
- Challenges for judicial independence and impartiality in the member states of the Council of Europe (March 2016)
- Report on judicial independence and impartiality in the Council of Europe member States in 2017
- Questionnaire in view of preparation of Opinion No. 13
- Opinion No. 1 (2007) on "Ways to improve international co-operation in the criminal justice field"
- Opinion No. 2 (2008) on "Alternatives to prosecution"
- Opinion No. 3 (2008) on the "Role of prosecution services outside the Criminal Law Field"
- Opinion No. 4 (2009) on the relations between Judges and Prosecutors in a democratic society
- Opinion No. 8 (2013) on "Relations between prosecutors and the media"
- Opinion No. 9 (2014) on "European norms and principles concerning prosecutors"
- The Budapest guidelines - European guidelines on ethics and conduct for public prosecutors (2005)
- Council of Europe Plan of action on strengthening judicial independence and impartiality (2016)
- IAP Standards of professional responsibility and statement of the essential duties and rights of prosecutors (1999)
- Rec(2000)19 on the role of public prosecution in the criminal justice system
- Guidelines on the Role of Prosecutors Adopted by the Eighth United Nations Congress on the Prevention of Crime and the Treatment of Offenders, Havana, Cuba, 27 August to 7 September 1990
- Report on European standards as regards the independence of the judicial system : Part II – The Prosecution Service - Adopted by the Venice Commission at its 85th plenary session (Venice, 17-18 December 2010)