Fields of Activities
|Calendar of Activities|
|Higher Education ForA|
|European Higher Education Area|
The Bologna Process
Council of Europe Contribution
Bilateral and regional activities
|Recognition of Qualifications|
of Europe/UNESCO Convention
The ENIC/NARIC Network
|Results of prior activities|
Sites of Citizenship
Legislative Reform Programmes
|Resources / Documents|
|Higher Education Series|
The launching conference of the new CDESR project on “The University between Humanism and Market: Redefining its Values and Functions for the 21st Century” will be held on 20-21 November 2007 in Strasbourg. Its title is “New Challenges to European Higher Education – Managing the Complexities of a Globalized Society”
For two days high-level policy makers in higher education will gather to answer questions and address issues such as:
· What are the challenges to societal sustainability modern societies and individuals have to cope with?
· What is the contribution of higher education to societal sustainability and what should it look like?
· What kind of challenges does higher education face in modern societies? How does it cope with them?
· What kind of knowledge/values does it require to enable people to take action in modern societies, at individual level and at the level of societies?
· How should higher education institutions proceed in the transmission of these forms of knowledge?
The project will run until 2010, with each phase of the project centered around a major conference open to all States party to the Europe Cultural Convention as well as to other delegations and observers to the CDESR .
Report and conclusions by General Rapporteur
Synopses of written contributions