European Language Portfolio
ACCREDITED ELP MODELS 2000-2010
Accredited ELP models 2000-2010
In order to assure the conformity of European Language Portfolio models to the common European Principles and Guidelines, the Steering Committee for Education of the Council of Europe set up a sub-committee called the European Language Portfolio Validation Committee. From 2000 until 2010 the Committee validated ELP models submitted by wide variety of bodies ranging from ministries of education, regional education authorities, international non-governmental educational associations, European projects to chains of private schools. If the model duly conformed to the Principles and Guidelines, it was accredited. The model was then entitled to use the title “European Language Portfolio” and to carry the logo of the Council of Europe. Accredited models also bear an accreditation number made of a number followed by the year it was accredited. Thus the first model accredited received the number 1.2000.
Between 2001 and 2010, 118 ELP models were validated and accredited by the Council of Europe. Validated models conform to the Principles and Guidelines .
Accredited models are designed for use by a range of different learner groups in different contexts:
- different age-groups: from 4-year-olds to adults
- different educational sectors: primary, secondary, higher education, vocational education, adult education, etc.
- groups with particular needs, such as migrants
They were developed by different sorts of organisations:
- ministries of education
- international non-governmental organisations
- international projects
- private educational bodies
Models were developed in a variety of different formats, including combinations of the following:
- paper models (bound or loose-leaf)
- paper models available as downloads
- electronic models hosted on a central server or to be downloaded to a private PC
Models were published and distributed in different ways:
- through ministries
- through commercial publishers
- free downloads
List of accredited models by date
List of accredited model by country
List of accredited models by educational sector
The validation and accreditation procedure was replaced in 2011 by a new procedure for registration based on self-declaration.