- The total budget is around 200.000 Euros;
- The project is funded by the Human Rights Trust Fund (HRTF).
Supporting Parliamentary Oversight over Execution of the European Court Judgments in Georgia
14 Feb 2020 14:56:00
Working group meeting on parliamentary oversight over execution of the European Court of Human Rights judgements12 February 2020
On 12 February 2020 the Council of Europe organised a working group meeting on parliamentary...
31 May 2020 09:06:00
Working together with civil society on supporting the process of full implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights standards at national level28 May 2020
On 28 May 2020, the Council of Europe organised an online seminar for the representatives of...
07 Oct 2019 09:13:00
Launch of the Council of Europe project “Supporting Parliamentary Oversight over Execution of the European Court Judgments in Georgia”
The Council of Europe launched a project to support parliament’s supervisory role over the...
To strengthen domestic monitoring mechanisms for implementation of the European Court of Human Rights judgments
- In close co-operation with the national partners;
- Through the provision of legal expertise, networking and exchange of best practices with Council of Europe consultative and expert bodies and its Member States;
- With a tailor-made approach to meet the concrete needs of the country.
- Strengthen Georgian Parliament’s capacity to conduct effective oversight of the implementation of ECtHR judgments;
- Improve cooperation with civil society and national human rights institutions;
- Reinforce reporting mechanisms for systematic dialogue between the executive and Parliament.
Giorgi Giorgadze, Senior Project Officer