The Council of Europe Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) Unit will hold a public webinar on “Human rights of LGBTI persons in Poland” on 10 June 2020 at 10:00-12:00. The discussion will include legal and policy frameworks and the contribution of local level policy making to tackle discrimination and social exclusion based on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Gender Expression, and Sex Characteristics.
The event will bring together national and international stakeholders including the Polish Commissioner for Human Rights, national and local authorities, a member of the Polish government and the Polish Parliament and civil society organisations from Poland.
The meeting will be opened by:
- Mr. Adam Bodnar - Commissioner for Human Rights of Poland
- Ms. Anna Schmidt-Rodziewicz – the Government Plenipotentiary for Equal Treatment of Poland (Deputy Minister)
- Mr. Fourat Ben Chikha – General Rapporteur on the rights of LGBTI persons, Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE).
The panel discussion “Current local-level actions to safeguard the rights of LGBTI persons in Poland and how to strengthen local partnerships for LGBTI equality policies?” will involve the following panellists:
- Mr. Bartłomiej Ciążyński - Advisor on tolerance and counteracting xenofobia to the Mayor of Wrocław, Deputy President of Wrocław City Council
- Mr. Marek Szolc – Member of the Warsaw City Council
- Ms. Julia Kata - Trans-fuzja Foundation, Advocacy Officer
- Mr. Hubert Sobecki - Love Does Not Exclude Association, Co-President.
The webinar will have simultaneous interpretation in English and Polish.
You are invited to follow the webinar via this link: https://live.kudoway.com/br/110115915344. For smartphones and tablets, you can use the application Kudo Live (ID 110115915344).
Would you like to ask something to the panellists? Please send us your questions in Polish or in English to the email address: [email protected] before the event.