Calendar 2023 of the SOGI Unit
European IDAHOT+ Forum 2022 - EFPN
The European Governmental LGBTI Focal Points Network’s (EFPN) IDAHOT+ Forum finally returns this year with a live event on 12 May 2022 in the city of Limassol, Cyprus. This long-awaited reunion is co-hosted by the Republic of Cyprus and the UK Governments, with the support of the Council of Europe’s SOGI Unit.
The annual IDAHOT+ Forum aims to strengthen cooperation and understanding on LGBTI+ politics between European Governments, International Governmental Organisations, International Civil Society Organisations, Businesses, Academics, and key stakeholders.
As the main European event where governments and key stakeholders meet to assess the progress of LGBTI+ rights in the continent, celebrate achievements and set new goals, the event is highly anticipated by many. Each time, the organisation of the Forum is carried out by different EFPN-member governments allowing the discussions on LGBTI+ matters to reach government departments that could otherwise be difficult to reach.
The event will cover:
- War in Ukraine: Challenges to our Common European Values Through the Experiences of LGBTI+ People
- The Benefits of LGBTI+ Inclusion in Businesses – D&I as a core element of ESG and CSR investment"
- Protecting the rights of LGBTI+ refugees and migrants
- Governmental and Cross-Sector Solidarity in Countering Anti-Gender Attacks
- Rule of law and LGBTI+ rights
- The Roles of Different Sectors in Ending Conversion Therapy for LGBTI+
The European Civil Society Organisations will present the State of LGBTI+ Rights in Europe in 2022, through their annual maps:
- ILGA-Europe – Rainbow Index 2022
- TGEU - Trans Rights Map of Europe & Central Asia 2022
- OII – Good Practice Map
- IGLYO - 2nd LGBTQI Inclusive Education Map, Index & Report