Becoming a Council of Europe supplier
Prerequisites for becoming a Council of Europe supplier
- Exclusion criteria common to all Council of Europe tenders. Any bidder or potential bidder will be excluded from participation in tenders if they:
- have been sentenced by final judgment on one or more of the following charges: participation in a criminal organisation, corruption, fraud, money laundering;
- are in a situation of bankruptcy, liquidation, termination of activity, insolvency or arrangement with creditors or any like situation arising from a procedure of the same kind, or are subject to a procedure of the same kind;
- have received a judgment with res judicata force, finding an offence that affects their professional integrity or serious professional misconduct;
- do not comply with their obligations as regards payment of social security contributions, taxes and dues, according to the statutory provisions of their country of incorporation;
- Eligibility criteria - Any bidder or potential bidder will be required to meet the eligibility criteria which vary according to the type of needs.
Steps towards becoming a Council of Europe supplier
- Participating in a call for tenders issued by the Council of Europe and being selected by the buyer entity (on the basis of adjudication criteria which can be based on the price alone or, more usually, the price and the quality of the technical bid)
- Making oneself known to the different departments with procurement responsibilities at the Council of Europe by:
- contacting the procurement department of the directorate concerned
- sending a brochure or offer of services
- requesting an appointment to present your company and its work to the Council of Europe
- Last but not least, the E-procurement is now available. We invite you to follow this guide in order to register and use our new tool for e-procurement.