The Conference of INGOs has chosen the theme of migration for its October session, taking place in Strasbourg from 28 to 31 October 2019. The theme will be dealt with at different times and in different ways during the week:
- The Human Rights Committee will hold a round table on hate speech on the internet towards migrants;
- The Education and Culture Committee will engage local councillors on the theme of diversity and European cultural identity:
- The Democracy, Social Cohesion and Global Challenges Committee will highlight and set out the causes, impact and dramatic perspectives of ecological migration, climate, biodiversity and issues around the Mediterranean.
Two satellite events are also planned:
- A screening of the documentary film "Grand H" (Grand Humanity), a documentary based on interviews with persons directly concerned by migration and questions citizens' responsabilities and the division between policy and humanity;
- A photographic exhibition "SEEN: Portraits of & by Women on the Run" which is the result of a workshop organized with migrant women in Greece. The exhibition can be viewed in the lobby of the hemicycle from Tuesday 29 October to Thursday 31 October.