Turkey - HFII -Strengthening the human rights protection of migrants and victims of human trafficking in Turkey - Migrant Component
The main objective is to enhance protection of human rights in the context of migration and to strengthen the application of European standards in this field.
The main partners of the project are:
- Ministry of Interior, including Directorate General of the Migration Management, Directorate General of Security, General Command of Gendarmerie and Coast Guard Command;
- Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services;
- Ministry of Justice;
- Justice Academy of Turkey;
- Union of Turkish Bar Associations;
- Human Rights and Equality Institution of Turkey;
- Judges, prosecutors, lawyers and law enforcement officers;
- Civil society organisations;
- Migrants, asylum seekers, victims of trafficking and smuggling and persons in vulnerable situations, in particular, women and children.
The following results are expected:
- Enhanced understanding of relevant stakeholders on human rights standards in the context of migration, particularly concerning women and vulnerable groups;
- A strengthened human-rights’ based approach to smuggling of migrants
Trainings on “Human Rights and Migration Law” and “How to Convey Child Friendly Information to Children in Migration” were provided to the personnel of Turkish Coast Guard Command
Within the European Union/Council of Europe joint programme Horizontal Facility II, under the Action “Strengthening the Human Rights Protection of Migrants and Victims of Human Trafficking”, two trainings were provided to the personnel of Turkish Coast Guard Command between 02-05 August 2021 in...
The European Programme for Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP) courses on “Refugee and Migrant Children”, “Child Friendly Justice” and “Asylum and European Convention on Human Rights” were launched online on 9 June in co-operation with the Ministry of Family and Social Services...
A roundtable meeting on the situation of smuggling of migrants in Turkey was held online on 8 June 2021, under the joint European Union/Council of Europe action “Strengthening the human rights protection of migrants and victims of human trafficking in Turkey”. In addition to national and...