European Union and Council of Europe working together to strengthen the Ombudsperson’s capacity to protect human rights
02 Oct 2020 17:30:00Kyiv, Ukraine 02 October 2020
11 Sep 2020 17:02:00
Second Steering Committee Meeting of the Project “EU and Council of Europe working together to strengthening protection of the human rights in Ukraine” took placeKyiv, Ukraine 11 September 2020
On 10 September, the Second Steering Committee Meeting of the Joint Project of the European Union...
10 Aug 2020 14:13:00
Purchase of services for design and development of two interactive online learning courses on data protection and on Basic principles of the National Preventive Mechanism workKyiv, Ukraine 10 August 2020
06 Aug 2020 15:33:00Kyiv, Ukraine 06 August 2020
30 Jun 2020 09:51:00
Protection of personal data and feasibility of an independent state supervisory body establishment - expert discussionKyiv, Ukraine 30 June 2020
On June 26, 2020, an online expert discussion on institutionalisation of the state control in the...
- “European Union and Council of Europe working together to strengthen the Ombudsperson’s capacity to protect human rights” (the Project) is one of the three components of the Joint Project of the European Union and the Council of Europe “European Union and Council of Europe working together to strengthening human rights in Ukraine”.
- Overall aim of the Project – is to ensure better protection of the human rights in Ukraine as a result of alignment of Ukrainian legislation with the European standards and enhanced operational capacities of the Ombudsperson’s Office in the areas of personal data protection and prevention of ill-treatment in places of deprivation of liberty.
- Duration of the Project – 10 July 2019 till 10 July 2021
- Project Budget – EUR 988 500
- Legal and regulatory framework of the Ombudsperson’s Office work, its institutional structure and internal procedures are in line with the best European standards including those on gender equality;
- Capacities of the Ombudsperson’s Office to effectively protect against serious human rights violations via efficient realisation of the NPM functions are strengthened with the relevant rehabilitation services created for the victims of torture;
- The right to privacy and data protection are better guaranteed as a result of amended regulatory framework which is implemented in line with the international and European standards;
- Awareness of the Ombudsperson’s Office role and functions is raised within the institutional stakeholders and public in general via communication campaign of the Ombudsperson’s Office as well as its close co-operation and joint actions with the civil society and other institutional partners.
Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights — Ombudsperson of Ukraine, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (Parliament), the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Office of the President of Ukraine, the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine, Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, other central and local authorities as well as relevant NGOs and other civil society groups.
Legal analysis of approaches to ensuring to ensuring personal data protection by the Ukrainian Parliament Commissioner for human rights in credit agreements used by financial institutions in Ukraine (UKR)