Reinforcing multi-level policy coordination for integration in Italy
27 nov. 2023
Public institutions and the private sector discuss strategies to integrate migrants in the Italian labour marketRome November 2023
The workshop Enhancing the capacity of migrants to integrate in the labour market, held in Rome...
23 mai 2023
The role of local institutions in the integration and social participation of foreign citizens discussed in RomeRome, Italy 23/05/2023
The workshop “Integration and participation practices for foreign citizens: Role and action of...
8 mars 2023online 08/03/2023
The recent migrant boat shipwreck in Italy has put even higher on the national agenda the need to...
20 janv. 2023
Purchase of consultancy services: international expertise in the fields of multilevel governance and migrants’ integrationStrasbourg, France 20/01/2023
The Council of Europe is looking for international consultants to provide international expertise...
3 nov. 2022
Call for proposals for the provision of consultancy services under the project on Reinforcing multi-level policy co-ordination for migrants' integration in ItalyStrasbourg, France 03/11/2022
The Council of Europe is looking for consultants to support the implementation of the project on...
The project supports the Italian Ministry of Labour and Social Policies in improving the multi-level and multi-stakeholders’ coordination of migrants’ integration policies.
Based on expert analysis and stakeholders’ consultation, the Ministry of Labour will be accompanied in strengthening more effective policy coordination between national and local administrations and social and economic actors.
The project is co-funded by the European Union via the Technical Support Instrument and implemented by the Council of Europe, in co-operation with the European Commission Directorate-General for Structural Reform Support and the Ministry of Labour and Social Policies of Italy.
- Improved and more efficient multi-level and multi-stakeholder coordination on integration policies
- Strengthened capacities of key stakeholders to work in synergy and to address migrants’ integration needs in a more effective and efficient way
- By reviewing the existing governance mechanisms for integration policies, the project will support the establishment of a framework for stronger policy coordination and will provide recommendations for the implementation of the most suitable model of integrated service provision (one-stop-shop). Such model will facilitate services for migrants’ integration.
- The technical support is also expected to reinforce the administrative capacity of the multilevel stakeholders’ dialogue along the integration process and to strengthen the efficiency and effectiveness of their work in addressing migrants’ integration needs.
- Furthermore, the project will ensure better alignment and co-ordination of policy objectives and measures, synergies between the different levels of government, and optimal use of resources, including EU funds.
- An inception report, including recommendations and a blueprint for an improved coordination mechanism for the integration of TCNs
- A set of thematic policy briefs and activities for exchanges and capacity building on priority topics in the field of migrants’ integration, including policy guidelines and good practice examples
- A study of existing one-stop-shop services (OSS) in Italy and other EU countries and their capacity to support the integration of TNCs, and a model/blueprint for one-stop-shop services with enhanced capacity to address the needs of TCNs in Italy
Duration: September 2022 – September 2024
Beneficiaries: Ministry of Labour and Social Policies of Italy
Funding: European Union and Council of Europe
Budget: 556,000.00 Euros
Implemented by: Council of Europe