Promotion of diversity and equality in North Macedonia
02 Mar 2021 15:41:00Skopje 23 February 2021
Lawyers, legal professionals, and also citizens interested in the field of fighting...
02 Mar 2021 08:54:00SKOPJE 26 FEBRUARY 2021
The third Steering Committee of the EU and Council of Europe joint action ‘Promotion of Diversity...
09 Feb 2021 16:40:00
Call for proposal : Support to local self-governments and civil society organisations for combating hate speechNORTH MACEDONIA 9 FEBRUARY 2021
Within the framework of the European Union/Council of Europe Horizontal Facility for the Western...
- Legal and strategic support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Dialogue and cooperation between institutions and civil society organizations in promoting and protecting human rights is enhanced
- Awareness of citizens on their rights and mechanisms to defend them is strenghtened
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Montenegro and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
In the framework the programme “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey II”, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) co-organised a round table in Skopje on 14 November 2019 to discuss the follow-up given by the authorities to the recommendations of the ECRI 2016 report on North Macedonia, including the efforts to combat hate speech in the country in the framework of good practices and European standards.
The Action Promotion of Diversity and Equality in North Macedonia supported the launching of the first ever National LGBTI Helpline in North Macedonia as part of supported activities from the Small grants for anti-discrimination activities during COVID-19. The National LGBTI Helpline is implemented by the NGO Subversive Front in collaboration with the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy.