Promotion of diversity and equality in North Macedonia
02 Apr 2020 15:20:00
Police and civil society organisations joined forces to strengthen the fight against hate crimes and protect the rights of LGBTI peoplePodgorica 28 February 2020
The launching activity of the regional component of “Promotion of equality and diversity in the...
26 Feb 2020 17:17:00SKOPJE 26 FEBRUARY
In the process of preparing the new Legal Gender Recognition Law in North Macedonia, the EU and...
28 Nov 2019 18:43:00SKOPJE 28 NOVEMBER 2019
The Council of Europe’s anti-racism body, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance...
- Legal and strategic support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and local authorities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Dialogue and cooperation between institutions and civil society organizations in promoting and protecting human rights is enhanced
- Awareness of citizens on their rights and mechanisms to defend them is strenghtened
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Montenegro and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
In the framework the programme “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey II”, the European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) co-organised a round table in Skopje on 14 November 2019 to discuss the follow-up given by the authorities to the recommendations of the ECRI 2016 report on North Macedonia, including the efforts to combat hate speech in the country in the framework of good practices and European standards.