Promotion of diversity and equality in Montenegro
22 Jul 2021 09:40:00Western Balkans 20 July 2021
The “Block the hatred. Share the love!” regional campaign aimed to address the phenomenon of hate...
17 May 2021 15:09:00Podgorica, Montenegro 17 May 2021
A public discussion on responses to hate speech and hate crimes formally opened on 17 May 2021...
06 Jul 2021 14:26:00
Montenegrin NGO „Young Roma“ shed light on the issue of hate speech against members of Roma and Egyptian populationMontenegro 5 July 2021
„Quality of all activities was excellent, we learned a lot through various stories and workshops...
- Legal and strategic support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and municipalities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Record of implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Montenegro and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
The Draft Law on Civil Partnerships is a compromise between the needs of the LGBTI community, Montenegro's international obligations and social reality, and its adoption by the state would unequivocally uphold the principles of universality and indivisibility of human rights. This was highlighted at a consultative session on the Draft Law on Civil Partnerships, organised by the Council of Europe Programme Office in Podgorica and the Delegation of the European Union to Montenegro, in partnership with the Committee on Human Rights and Freedoms of the Parliament of Montenegro.
Duration: 36 months (May 2019 - May 2022)
► Citizens of Montenegro
► National and local authorities
► Education professionals
► Sport workers
► LGBTI population, and other vulnerable social groups
► Civil society organisations engaged in promoting and protecting human rights
Funding: The European Union and the Council of Europe
Budget: 250 000 Euros