Promotion of diversity and equality in Kosovo*
30 Jul 2021 13:10:00Pristina 28/07/2021
The first training of trainers took place during 27 - 28 July 2021 in Pristina in a hybrid event,...
15 Jun 2021 17:41:00
Presentation of the research “Diversity and equality in Kosovo*” and launching of the new reporting framework on monitoring the Law on Protection from DiscriminationKOSOVO 15 June 2021
Organised by the Office of the Prime Minister and in support of the joint action of the European...
11 Dec 2020 18:37:00PRISTINA 27 November 2020
The public authorities and key actors in the field of promoting equality and diversity in Kosovo*...
- Policy and legislative support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Conduct awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and municipalities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Dialogue and cooperation between institutions and civil society organizations in promoting and protecting the human rights is enhanced
- Awareness of citizens on their rights and mechanisms to defend them is strengthened
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Kosovo* and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.