HELP in the Western Balkans
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are the Albanian School of Magistrate and School of Advocates; the Centre for Judicial and Prosecutorial Training and the Bar Association of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina; the Centre for Judicial and Prosecutorial Training and the Bar Association of the Republika Srpska; the Judicial Training Centre of Montenegro and the Montenegrin Bar Association; the Judicial Academy of Serbia and the Serbian Bar Association; the Academy for Judges and Public Prosecutors and the Bar Association of North Macedonia.
The main aim is to contribute to the implementation of the European Convention on Human Rights and European human rights standards at the national level. This is done by:
- Enhancing the capacity of legal professionals/actors in the justice sector to effectively and coherently apply European human rights standards in their daily work;
- Strengthening the capacity of National Training Institutions for judges and prosecutors (NTIs) and Bar Associations (BAs) to provide high quality human rights training and education.
The following results are expected:
- Increased application of European human rights standards by the legal professionals/actors in the justice sector in their daily work
- New HELP courses are finalised
- HELP courses are translated into national language(s), adapted to the national legal order(s) and implemented for a selected group of participants
- HELP methodology in integrated in the work of NTIs/BAs, while further strengthening the regional dimension of the HELP network
- HELP courses and materials are made available to any user in the HELP online platform
- Training-of-Trainers (ToT) sessions on human rights training methodology are organised
- HELP Focal and Info Points are appointed to liaise between the HELP Secretariat and (respectively) NTIs and BAs
- Representatives from NTIs and BAs benefit from the exchange of best practices and experiences on human rights training/education
On 11 July, a certificate award ceremony was organised in Podgorica to mark the successful completion of the HELP online course on Child-friendly justice by a group of 57 judges and prosecutors. The HELP course was implemented in the framework of the HELP in the Western Balkans project (funded by...
The HELP course on Violence against women and domestic violence was launched in Sarajevo and Banja Luka for a selected group of 60 lawyers from the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina and Republika Srpska. The launching event in Sarajevo was opened by Ambassador Drahoslav Štefánek, Head of the...
The HELP course on Violence Against Women and Domestic Violence was launched for Macedonian lawyers in the framework of the "HELP in the Western Balkans" project, funded by the Human Rights Trust Fund. The launching event was opened by Ljubomir Mihajlovski, President of the Macedonian Bar...