Quality Education for All - Montenegro
What is the goal?
- To foster quality education for all enriched by Council of Europe standards and practices, in particular through the implementation of the Reference Framework of Competences for Democratic Culture and good practices of the Platform for Ethics, Transparency and Integrity in Education (ETINED).
Who benefits from the project?
- Ministry of Education; University of Montenegro and other higher education institutions.
- Ethical Committee, Agency for Quality Assurance in Higher Education.
- 40 pilot schools including teachers and school management, students, parents and their communities.
- Montenegrin citizens who will enjoy the benefits of an education system enriched by democratic culture and academic integrity.
How will the project work?
- Through technical expertise, capacity building, learning from peers and good practices from the Council of Europe members states emerging from ETINED sessions and study visits.
- Grants for school-based projects, cascade training, and regional exchange will be provided.
- It builds on the results of co-operation in the field of “Strengthen integrity and combat corruption in higher education” and “Fostering a democratic school culture” under HF Phase I (2016-2019).
What do we expect to achieve?
- Main actors in education promote democratic culture and academic integrity as key elements of quality education.
- Relevant educational institutions will have developed tools to foster academic integrity within higher education.
- Schools will have identified opportunities to foster quality education for all learners enriched by a democratic school culture and inclusive education for all.
How much will it cost?
- The total budget of the Action is 800.000 EUR.
- The budget allocated to the overall Horizontal Facility programme amounts to ca. 41 Million EUR (85% funded by the European Union, 15% by the Council of Europe).
The “Horizontal Facility for the Western Balkans and Turkey 2019-2022” is a joint initiative of the European Union and the Council of Europe that enables the Beneficiaries to meet their reform agendas in the fields of human rights, rule of law and democracy and to comply with the European standards, including where relevant within the framework of the EU enlargement process. This three-year programme covers actions in Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, as well as Kosovo* and it is implemented by the Council of Europe from May 2019.
- Capacity building
- Current Projects
- Democratic and Inclusive School Culture in Operation (DISCO)
- European Qualifications Passport for Refugees
- Quality Education for All - Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Quality Education for All - Montenegro
- Quality education for all – Serbia
- Strengthening Democratic Citizenship Education in Albania
- INCLUDE - Building Capacity for Inclusion in Education
- Strengthening Democratic Culture in Basic Education
- Education for Democracy in the Republic of Moldova
- EEA/Norway Grants
- Previous Projects
- Current Projects