Chairmanship - United Kingdom
United Kingdom passes Chairmanship to Albania
23 May 2012 - The 122nd Session of the Committee of Ministers was held in Strasbourg under the chairmanship of William Hague, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the United Kingdom. The meeting concluded the six months of UK Chairmanship of the Committee, centred chiefly on seeking means to guarantee the continued effectiveness of the European Convention on Human Rights system.
At the close of the meeting, after having presented a stocktaking of his Chairmanship, Mr Hague handed the Chairman's office over to Edmond Haxhinasto, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Foreign Affairs of Albania, who then presented the priorities for his country's six months in the Chair. (more...)
Strasbourg, 25 April 2012 - The Chairman of the Committee of Ministers of the Council of Europe, and the United Kingdom Minister of Foreign Affairs, William Hague, published today the following statement: "As Member States of the Council of Europe, it is for us to ensure that Bosnia and...
- UK delegation to the Council of Europe
- Committee of Ministers
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the United Kingdom
- Priorities of the Chairmanship
- Stocktaking of the Chairmanship
- Cultural programme
- Photo gallery
- Previous Committee of Ministers' Chairmanships
The United Kindom and...
- the Council of Europe
- the Parliamentary Assembly
- the Congress of Local and Regional Authorities
- the European Court of Human Rights