HFII - Supporting enforcement of judicial decisions and facilitating execution of ECtHR judgments in Albania
The action aims at assisting the Albanian authorities to efficiently and timely enforce domestic judicial decisions and execute judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. Particular focus is given to cases concerning the applicants’ rights to peaceful possession of property.
The Action is a direct follow-up to Action “Supporting effective domestic remedies and facilitating the execution of judgments in Albania”.
The main partners and beneficiaries are State Advocate, Agency for the Treatment of Property, State Agency of Cadaster, Constitutional Court, High Court, School of Magistrates, School of Advocacy and Faculty of Law of the University of Tirana.
This support will focus on:
- Supporting effective remedies for the enforcement of final domestic decisions
- Monitoring the implementation of the newly introduced legal provisions on execution of the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
- Monitoring the implementation of the Law no. 133/2015 on the Treatment of Property and Finalisation of the Process of Compensation of Property
- Institutional support to the recently created State Cadastre Agency
- Harmonisation of judicial practice in the field of property rights
The first compilation of the most relevant decisions of the Albanian High Court was published today on the occasion of the National Justice Day, 10 May. The event was attended by current and former representatives of the justice system, academia, parliament, and independent institutions. This...
Albanian judiciary assisted in the process of harmonisation of domestic court legislation with the Court (ECtHR) case law
Harmonisation of national case law with the with the standards imposed by the European Court of Human Rights (the Court) is a fundamental precondition for providing effective and qualitative justice at the domestic level. In this context, the EU and Council of Europe joint action “Supporting...
Consultations with the Ministry of Justice and field experts for improving the legislation on treatment of property in Albania
To support the Albanian Ministry of Justice in the process of the implementation of the recommendations provided by the European Court of Human Rights, the joint EU and Council of Europe action “Supporting enforcement of the judicial decisions and facilitating the execution of ECtHR judgements in...