Promotion of diversity and equality in Kosovo*
08 Dec 2021 11:54:00
Call for tenders on consultancy services for the provision of training on the implementation of ECRI standards under the project "Promotion of diversity and equality in Kosovo*"Strasbourg, France 02/12/2021
The No Hate Speech and Cooperation Unit of the Council of Europe is looking for providers of...
05 Nov 2021 11:29:00
The European Union and the Council of Europe launch in Pristina the “Block the Hatred; Share the Love” local campaignPRISTINA 28/10/2021
This was underlined in the launching event of the joint raising awareness campaign of the...
30 Jul 2021 13:10:00Pristina 28/07/2021
The first training of trainers took place during 27 - 28 July 2021 in Pristina in a hybrid event,...
- Policy and legislative support to institutions
- Capacity building activities
- Peer-to-peer exchanges with regional and European partners
- Conduct awareness raising campaigns and public discussions on selected anti-discrimination topics
- Support to civil society organisations and municipalities by small grant schemes, to enhance their capacities to tackle discrimination and reach out to the people
- Implementation of anti-discrimination policies and legislation, at the central and local level (especially on protection of the rights of LGBTI persons, and on combating hate speech/hate crime) is improved
- Dialogue and cooperation between institutions and civil society organizations in promoting and protecting the human rights is enhanced
- Awareness of citizens on their rights and mechanisms to defend them is strengthened
- Contribution to achieve better protection of human rights for the citizens of Kosovo* and to build a more diverse, equal and tolerant society
*This designation is without prejudice to positions on status, and is in line with UNSCR 1244 and the ICJ Opinion on the Kosovo Declaration of Independence.