"Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre" Center
"Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre" Center / Ośrodek "Brama Grodzka – Teatr NN"
- Cultural Route
- European Route of Jewish Heritage
- Member Category
- Cultural Institution / NGO
- Member Status
- Year of Accession to Membership
- Contact Details
- ul. Grodzka 21
Tel: +48 81 532 58 67
Email: emil[at]tnn.lublin.pl / witk[at]tnn.lublin.pl
- Contact Person
- Emil MAJUK (Coordinator / Route Manager)
- Main Town/Region
- Site Town/Region
- Main GPS Location
- 51.249743, 22.569914
- Site GPS Location
- UNESCO World Heritage List
- European Heritage Label
- Other Heritage Labels
- The "Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre" Centre is a municipal cultural institution based in Lublin dealing with education and cultural heritage. The Centre’s work draws on the symbolic and historical significance of the building where it is located – the Grodzka Gate, which was once a passage way between the Christian and Jewish quarters, as well on Lublin’s position as the meeting point of various cultures, traditions, and religions.
The “Shtetl Routes. Vestiges of Jewish cultural heritage in cross-border tourism” Project arose from the documentary, artistic and educational work connected to the Jewish heritage of Lublin as part of the work of the “Grodzka Gate – NN Theatre” Centre. The goal of the project is to develop a narrative and tools that will be successfully used in tourism and to support local development.