This training manual presents a collection of materials for the training course on election dispute resolution for Ukrainian judges, developed in 2018 – 2019 by the National School of Judges of Ukraine in cooperation and with the support of the Council of Europe's projects on “Supporting the transparency, inclusiveness and integrity of electoral practice in Ukraine” and “Supporting constitutional and legal reforms, constitutional justice and assisting the Verkhovna Rada in conducting reforms aimed at enhancing its efficiency”, implemented within the framework of the Council of Europe Action Plan for Ukraine 2018-2021.
The opinions of the experts expressed in this training manual belong to the authors and do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Council of Europe and the National School of Judges of Ukraine.
This manual covers the following issues:
- international standards and principles for democratic elections
- general overview of the Ukrainian national electoral legislation
- classification of electoral disputes
- court procedures and rules for election dispute resolution
- protection of the right to free elections in the case law of the European Court of Human Rights