Support to the Establishment of Probation Service in Armenia
Start date: May 2014
Duration: 24 months
Budget: EUR 554 700
Donor: Government of Norway (Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Norway)
Partners: Ministry of Justice (including the Penitentiary Department), Judiciary, General Prosecutor’s Office, Police, Ministry of Labour and Social Issues (Employment Agency), Ministry of Finance, National Assembly, Civil Society, Academic institutions
Contact Person: Ilias Kalamaras (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The project aims at introducing a probation service in two pilot regions of Armenia using the Council of Europe standards and best European practices.
Specific objectives of the project are:
• technical support to the establishment of probation service, including introduction of a pilot electronic monitoring system;
• training of probation service staff and other related professionals in two pilot regions.
The objectives will be achieved through development of training curricula on probation, organisation of training-for-trainers (ToT) on probation for national trainers from different training institutions and universities, facilitation of follow-up cascade trainings, including initial, in-depth and in-service training courses, study visits to CoE member states, as well as development of pre-release and post-release re-integration programmes for offenders.
- Long-term Electoral Assistance to the Election Related Stakeholders of Armenia
- Supporting the criminal justice reform and combating ill-treatment and impunity in Armenia
- Strengthening the health care and human rights protection in prisons in Armenia
- Strengthening Integrity and Combatting Corruption in Higher Education in Armenia
- Institutional support to CAA
- Strengthening the Independence, Professionalism and Accountability of the Justice System in Armenia
- Support to the Establishment of Probation Service in Armenia
- Support to Consolidating Local Democracy in Armenia
- Completed projects