Human Rights for All
The main partners and beneficiaries of the Project are Belarusian State University (BSU), the Institute for re-training of judges and prosecutors under BSU, Prosecutors’ General office.
The main objective is to increase the awareness on European and international human rights standards among legal professionals and law students of Belarus.
The following results are expected:
1. Legal professionals who undertake continuous training increased their knowledge on human rights, including on gender equality, through tailor-made face-to-face training and distance-learning tools.
2. The capacity of the Institute for re-training of judges and prosecutors to provide human rights training with a gender-sensitive perspective for legal professionals is increased.
3. Belarusian law and international relations students benefited from continuous trainings on Human rights standards and the ECtHR case law. For training activities the project will largely rely on the European Programme for Human Rights Education for Legal Professionals (HELP).
- Duration: 12 months (01 June 2017 – 31 May 2018)
- Place/ country: Belarus
- Budget: 500 000 €
- Funding: Council of Europe/European Union Partnership for Good Governance
- Project summary
On 30 May 2018 the Council of Europe organised in Minsk, Belarus a panel discussion on the right to a fair trial in the light of the law of the ECHR. The event was combined with the presentation of the Russian editions of the three Council of Europe publications: the second edition of the book...
A first of its kind, Training-of-Trainers (ToT) of the HELP Programme was held in Minsk, Belarus on 3-4 April 2018. At the ToT a new HELP online course on combating trafficking in human beings was presented. The participants included 25 professionals from medical and legal fields. The course was...
On 18 April 2018 a Round Table on “Legal Aspects of the Abolition of Death Penalty” was organized in Minsk by the Council of Europe in co-operation with the Working Group of the National Assembly of the Republic of Belarus on the Study of Death Penalty as a Measure of Punishment Applied in the...