HFII - Supporting enforcement of judicial decisions and facilitating execution of ECtHR judgments in Albania
The action aims at assisting the Albanian authorities to efficiently and timely enforce domestic judicial decisions and execute judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. Particular focus is given to cases concerning the applicants’ rights to peaceful possession of property.
The Action is a direct follow-up to Action “Supporting effective domestic remedies and facilitating the execution of judgments in Albania”.
The main partners and beneficiaries are State Advocate, Agency for the Treatment of Property, State Agency of Cadaster, Constitutional Court, High Court, School of Magistrates, School of Advocacy and Faculty of Law of the University of Tirana.
This support will focus on:
- Supporting effective remedies for the enforcement of final domestic decisions
- Monitoring the implementation of the newly introduced legal provisions on execution of the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
- Monitoring the implementation of the Law no. 133/2015 on the Treatment of Property and Finalisation of the Process of Compensation of Property
- Institutional support to the recently created State Cadastre Agency
- Harmonisation of judicial practice in the field of property rights
45 judges and legal advisors participated on 16 and 17 June 2022, in the first regional forum of harmonisation of the judicial practice organised by High Court in co-operation with the Albanian High Judicial Council. The forum organised in Shkoder, brought together judges of the High Court, of...
35 state advocates from central and regional offices of Tirana, Durrës and Korçë were part of the capacity building event on the implementation of European Court of Human Rights's (ECtHR) judgments and property rights that took place on 27-28 May, in Pogradec. The training organised in the...
The first compilation of the most relevant decisions of the Albanian High Court was published today on the occasion of the National Justice Day, 10 May. The event was attended by current and former representatives of the justice system, academia, parliament, and independent institutions. This...