HFII - Supporting enforcement of judicial decisions and facilitating execution of ECtHR judgments in Albania
The action aims at assisting the Albanian authorities to efficiently and timely enforce domestic judicial decisions and execute judgments of the European Court of Human Rights. Particular focus is given to cases concerning the applicants’ rights to peaceful possession of property.
The Action is a direct follow-up to Action “Supporting effective domestic remedies and facilitating the execution of judgments in Albania”.
The main partners and beneficiaries are State Advocate, Agency for the Treatment of Property, State Agency of Cadaster, Constitutional Court, High Court, School of Magistrates, School of Advocacy and Faculty of Law of the University of Tirana.
This support will focus on:
- Supporting effective remedies for the enforcement of final domestic decisions
- Monitoring the implementation of the newly introduced legal provisions on execution of the judgments of the European Court of Human Rights
- Monitoring the implementation of the Law no. 133/2015 on the Treatment of Property and Finalisation of the Process of Compensation of Property
- Institutional support to the recently created State Cadastre Agency
- Harmonisation of judicial practice in the field of property rights
Albanian authorities supported in addressing the segregation of Roma children in education institutions
Representatives from local and central institutions, were part of the co-ordination meeting organised in Korça with the support of the EU and Council of Europe, to discuss concrete measures for the inclusion of Roma and Egyptian children in education. The event was organised in view of a recent...
In the continuous efforts to support Albanian authorities in the field of judiciary and more concretely to the assistance provided to the High Court of Albania, a three-day training course on methodologies and practice in reasoning and documentation of High Court decisions was organised in...
Harmonisation of the national practice with the standards imposed by the European Court of Human Rights (the Court) is a fundamental precondition for ensuring legal certainty and the overall protection of human rights in the member states. In this context, the EU-Council of Europe Action...