The Project “EU and Council of Europe working together to support freedom of media in Ukraine” (hereinafter – the Project) is launching a tender procedure for purchase of social data scraping services for the media monitoring of 2020 local electoral process in Ukraine in order to provide the media monitoring specialists with requested materials / statistical data from social media networks (Facebook) to be processed with regard to analyzing media coverage of 2020 local electoral process in Ukraine.
Expected duration of the provided services: 05 September 2020 – 25 October 2020
The monitoring period may be revised subject to any change of 2020 Local Elections Day in Ukraine.
All offers should be sent to email@example.com indicating 4756/2020/38FC in the e-mail subject line by 10:00 on 25 August 2020 (Kyiv time).
All questions shall be submitted by 15:00 on 20 August 2020 (Kyiv time) and shall be exclusively addressed to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org with the following reference in the e-mail subject: “QUESTIONS_4756/2020/38FC
- private entrepreneur or a legal person duly registered in accordance with the Ukrainian legislation, except consortia, having legal grounds to provide the respective services;
- previous at least 1 year professional experience in the field of social media data scraping.
It is planned that the media monitoring will include social media monitoring of Facebook social network. Throughout the duration of the Framework Contract, pre-selected Providers may be asked to provide social media (Facebook) data scraping services (with regard up to 130 Facebook pages/profiles per day) which might include (but not be limited) to:
- data mining with R;
- conduct of an in-depth research in leveraging large and complex data sets using statistical methods and tools such as R;
- support project in questionnaire design and interpreting/quantifying qualitative data in order to provide, on a daily basis, the media monitoring specialists with requested materials to be processed while carrying out the monitoring of social media coverage of 2020 local electoral process in Ukraine.
- keep track of data from Facebook public pages and personal profiles (public posts) on a daily basis;
- gather the following data: Facebook posts – date – address – type (post/re-post) – text – quantity of shares – quantity of comments – quantity of reactions – author (name and URL page) – quantity of subscribers from all pages/profiles that are being monitored;
- to capture, via hashtags used, what people are talking about a specific topic on a daily basis;
- to get information of likes and shares from a specific page on a daily basis to track their popularity and the content that will get viral the most;
- to identify real and/or fake accounts.
The tenderers are requested to propose the most efficient way of transmitting the requested materials / statistical data to the media monitoring specialists on a daily basis (the collected data (requested materials / statistical data) should be processed two days following the day of publication and transmitted on the day following the day of processing).
Documents to be provided
- A completed and signed copy of the Act of Engagement  (See attached);
- A list of all owners and executive officers, for legal persons only;
- Professional profile in the form of official letter (stamped and signed) demonstrating clearly that the tenderer fulfils the eligibility criteria and having brief translation of registration documents in English;
- Registration documents (scanned copy of the originals in Ukrainian);
- Technical proposal describing:
- a) the methods / procedure suggested for social media data scraping services and transmitting the collected materials / statistical data to the media monitoring specialists;
- b) technical and human resources capacity to provide the requested services;
Attachments to the present announcement contain full description of the terms and conditions of the providers’ involvement:
 The Act of Engagement must be completed, signed and scanned in its entirety (i.e. including all the pages). The scanned Act of Engagement may be sent page by page (attached to a single email) or as a compiled document, although a compiled document would be preferred. For all scanned documents, .pdf files are preferred.