European Committee on Democracy and Governance (CDDG)
The European Committee on Democracy and Governance (CDDG) is the Council of Europe intergovernmental structure where high-level officials from the 47 member States meet to share information about policy and best practice, as well as to develop or update standards, in the fields of modernisation of democratic institutions, public administration reform, citizens’ participation and democratic governance at all levels.
The Committee promotes compliance of domestic legislation with the European Charter of Local Self-Government, and disseminates Committee of Ministers’ Recommendations and Guidelines in the above mentioned fields.
The Committee provides direct support to member States by way of exchanges among peers and rapid responses to demands regarding legal issues or established practice. It also relies on the Centre of Expertise for Local Government Reform for the provision of practical assistance or the development of country-specific programmes.
For the period 2018-2019, the Committee will be working among others on the themes: supervision of local authorities’ action, civil participation in decision-making, public ethics and e-democracy.
- 8th Meeting, Strasbourg, 4-5 December 2017
- 7th Meeting, Strasbourg, 11-12 May 2017
- 6th Meeting, Strasbourg, 14-15 November 2016
- 5th Meeting, Strasbourg, 19-20 May 2016
- 10th meeting, Strasbourg, 27 April 2018
- 9th meeting, Paris, 20 October 2017
- 8th meeting, Paris, 31 March 2017
- 7th meeting, Strasbourg, 30 September 2016
- 6th meeting, Paris, 4 March 2016
- 5th meeting, Paris, 6 November 2015