Photo: Steering Committee members endorsing the selected practices.
The first cycle of the Best Practice Programme in Promoting Academic Integrity during COVID-19 is now at its end.
We are delighted to announce that the Dilemma Game App, developed by the Erasmus University Rotterdam, has been selected as the best practice of this first 2021 cycle. Congratulations!
The evaluation panel was also impressed by several other practices and decided to commend nine more practices. Find the full list below.
An award conference will be held on December 7 with representatives from commended and the awarded institution, which will share their best practices with higher education policymakers, representatives from the European Higher Education Area as well as the wider public.
The call was launched with the aim of identifying, publicly recognising and disseminating relevant practices across Europe. A total of 46 higher education institutions applied from 23 member States, and the project Steering Committee appointed an evaluation panel of seven members to proceed with their review and the final selection. The evaluation panel consisted of representatives from the academic community, public authorities, the European Students Union, the recognition community and the Council of Europe secretariat. Each practice was assessed according to six criteria: stakeholder participation, values-based, efficiency, effectiveness, replicability, and sustainability.
Best Practice AWARD:
Dilemma Game App, Erasmus University Rotterdam, is intended for researchers, including those who find themselves faced with dilemmas, and through critical dialogue helps in further developing and strengthening their own 'moral compass'.
COMMENDED Best Practices (in no particular order):
- Activities in the Department of Social Human Sciences, Technical University of Moldova
- Privacy in Research: Asking the Right Questions, University of Groningen
- University Education Quality Assurance Practices, Lesya Ukrainka Volyn National University
- Interactive Resource Base for Research Integrity, University of Oslo
- VIRT2UE PhD Research Integrity Course, Amsterdam UMC, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Mind the GAP: online training on Good Academic research Practices, Flemish Interuniversity Council
- Research Integrity and Responsible Scholarship Course, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- The Embassy of Good Science, Amsterdam UMC, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Holistic Approach Towards Academic Integrity, University of Montenegro
To learn more about the Programme check its leaflet!