Important legal notice
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer and a copyright.
The Council of Europe maintains this website to enhance public access to information about its initiatives and policies in general. Our goal is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them.
However, the Council of Europe accepts no responsibility or liability whatsoever with regard to the information on this site.
This information is:
- of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or up to date;
- sometimes linked to external sites over which the Council of Europe services have no control and for which the Council of Europe assumes no responsibility;
- not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Please note that it can't be guaranteed that a document available on-line exactly reproduces an officially adopted text. Only the treaties published by the Secretary General of the Council of Europe, each in a separate booklet of the "Council of Europe Treaty Series" (CETS), are deemed authentic.
It is our goal to minimize disruption caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in files or formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. The Council of Europe accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
This disclaimer is not intended to limit the liability of the Council of Europe in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.
© Council of Europe
Reproduction is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged, save where otherwise stated.
For any use for commercial purposes, a prior permission by the Council of Europe must be obtained.
Reference to Kosovo*
* All reference to Kosovo, whether to the territory, institutions or population, in this text shall be understood in full compliance with United Nations Security Council Resolution 1244 and without prejudice to the status of Kosovo.
- About Treaties
- About Partial Agreements
- Bi- or Multilateral Agreements
- Participation of Non-member States
- Review of the Council of Europe conventions
- Treaty making in the Council of Europe
- Treaty Office in a Nutshell
- Council of Europe Depositary Practice - Presentation
- Pratique du Dépositaire du Conseil de l'Europe