3rd session of the CDCPP
Strasbourg, 12 March 2014
Strasbourg, 19-21 (morning) March 2014
Palais de l'Europe – Room 1
Start of the meeting: 9h00
1. OPENING OF THE MEETING BY THE SECRETARIAT
2. PRESENTATION BY THE SECRETARIAT OF THE NEW TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE CDCPP AND CPP-CINE
3. ELECTION OF THE CHAIR, VICE-CHAIR AND MEMBERS OF THE BUREAU
- Appointment of a Gender Equality Rapporteur
- Appointment of a CDCPP member to the Governing Board of the Enlarged Partial Agreement on Cultural Routes
4. ADOPTION OF THE AGENDA
5. PROGRAMME OF ACTIVITIES FOR 2013
5.1 Report on the implementation of the Programme of activities in 2013
5.2 Consideration of the CDCPP’s work by the Committee of Ministers
5.3 Information on other Council of Europe bodies
6. DRAFT PROGRAMME OF WORK FOR 2014-2015
Expected results of the CDCPP according to the new Terms of Reference
6.1 Member States are assisted in the development of democratic policies in the fields of culture, heritage and landscape through thematic policy reviews and the Compendium, HEREIN, ELCIS and Culture WatchEurope information systems.
6.2 Follow-up given to the 10th Council of Europe Conference of Ministers of Culture “Governance of Culture – Promoting access to Culture”, notably through the preparation of (a) two guidelines (policy-orientation documents) on actions to address the impact of digitisation on culture and (b) a framework of indicators to measure the impact of cultural activity on democracy and the economic efficiency of financing culture.
6.3 Examination of a revision of the European Convention on Cinematographic Co-production for submission to the Committee of Ministers.
- Selection of the experts revising the Convention
6.4 Preparation of two draft recommendations fostering the implementation of the cultural heritage and landscape conventions, for adoption by the Committee of Ministers.
6.5 Preparation of the 8th Council of Europe Conference for the European Landscape Convention in 2015
Follow-up of the item discussed in the CDCPP Bureau on a possible adoption of a protocol of amendment of the European Landscape Convention
6.6 Identification of best practices on improving living spaces, social inclusion and quality of life in line with the Faro and Landscape conventions, with a view to their wide dissemination in member States.
- Implementation of the Faro Convention’s Action Plan
- Implementation of the European Landscape Convention’s Working Programme
6.7 Evaluation of the lessons learned from the field pilot projects on cultural and natural heritage in South-East Europe, Caucasus and Black Sea regions and selected EU member States, and preparation of policy guidelines.
6.8 Adoption of recommendations for the granting of the European Landscape Award, for the consideration of the Committee of Ministers.
7. STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS
8. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
9. DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
10. ADOPTION OF THE ABRIDGED MEETING REPORT