The training activities of the Pestalozzi Programme are open to all education professionals in Europe
The specific target group as well as the working language for each training course are indicated in the description of the activity. You can apply for the training course of your choice provided you have the required professional profile and the necessary language skills. You must be able to sustain a professional discussion and debate in the working language of the course (minimum B2, CoE levels).
Please use the application form appropriate for the type of course you would like to attend as indicated below. The forms need to be filled in electronically to ensure readability of the information and in particular of the contact details. Handwritten forms will not be taken into consideration. Please be as brief and concise as possible while giving all the necessary information.
Travel and subsistence costs are borne by the Council of Europe and the organisers of the training.
If you experience any problems please contact the Secretariat
- Trainer training courses are training courses of blended learning which last for 12-18 months.
- If you wish to participate in a trainer training course , please contact the National Liaison Officer (NLO) of your country of residence that holds information/requirements so that you can express your interest and motivation. Participants in these courses are nominated by the NLO.
- More info concerning ongoing and all trainer training courses
- The Pestalozzi Programme Summer School is an intensive course of eight full days of training which takes place at the Academy of Bad Wildbad. (More info...)
- Rules for the Pestalozzi Summer School
- Compulsory documentation for reimbursement of travel costs (pdf)
- European Workshops are training activities of 2-4 days duration which are hosted by a member state and and bring together participants from the host country and participants from other European countries.
You can apply using the appropriate application form listed directly below.
- Step 1: Complete the form and have it signed by your superior.
- Step 2: Send the completed and signed form to your NLO following the procedure outlined in more detail in the document below.
- Documents and forms
- National dissemination and training events are events of 1-3 days duration organised by an NLO to disseminate information on the Pestalozzi Programme of the Council of Europe and/ or to train a group of national multipliers on a particular theme in relation to the priorities of the Council of Europe in education.
- If you wish to participate in such an event in your country please contact your NLO.
- All informations about national dissemination and training events are on the 2014 calendar and on this page of activities for 2014.
The PESTALOZZI Programme is the Council of Europe programme for the professional development of teachers and education actors.