A glimpse into the horizon: migration and climate change
9-10 February 2021 (from 16:00 to 19:30 (GMT+1).)
videoconference by Teams with the link below.
Rey Juan Carlos University (Spain).
The objective of the event is to raise awareness of the relevance of migration caused by climate change and address the issue proposed by the WFD from the perspective of new generations. The Webinar will be divided into four round tables with different topics where speakers will give a brief presentation. After their speeches, a round of questions will be opened with an academic discussion.
- Prof. Dra. Ana Sedeño (Málaga University)
- Prof. Dr. Javier Esguevillas Ruiz (URJC)
- Asst. Prof. Christian E. Rieck (Universität Potsdam, Germany)
- Prof. Dra. María Ángeles Cano Linares (URJC).
- Dra. Doreley Coll (University Prince Edward Island, Canada).
- Javier Martos (Executive Director Unicef Spain).
- Dr. Beatriz Felipe (Expert in climate migration and Proyecto Migraciones Climáticas).
- Amali Tower (Founder & Executive Director of Climate Refugees, NGO).
- VR Pilar Trinidad Núñez (URJC Vice rector)
- Hugo Metz (IfNotUsThenWho?)
- Sara Omaima El Abdli, (URJC student and ACAMPA)
- Representative from #UnÁrbolPorEuropa (Equipo Europa)
- Shivani López Wadke (URJC Student).
- Juncal Ferreira Fernández. (URJC Student and FEI)
- Sophie Flack (Human Rights Global House Member, Germany)
- Andrés González Montero. (URJC Student)
- Clara García Martínez (URJC Student and European solidarity corps)
- Daniel Luis Martínez (Human Rights Global House Member)