Mission Green Diplomacy - Democratic Paths to Saving the Environment
18 November, 11-12 December 2020
Visegrad School of Political Studies
“Mission Green Diplomacy - Democratic Paths to Saving the Environment ” is a project addressed to the future generation of European security and foreign policy leaders, as well as civic activists interested in the intersection between diplomacy, environment and democracy. The initiative is composed of two key elements. Firstly, an introductory public webinar “Climate Change and Security”. And secondly, a 2-day online workshop for preselected political activists and foreign policy leaders of the Academy of Young Diplomats (2020/2021 edition) and VSPS United 4 Change Program.
- Frans Timmermans - Executive Vice President for the European Green Deal, European Commission and European Commissioner for Climate Action
- Gen (R) Tom Middendorp - Chair, International Military Council on Climate and Security (IMCCS), Chief of Defence, Armed Forces of the Netherlands (2012-2017)
- Margot Wallstrom – Deputy Prime Minister & Minister for Foreign Affairs(2014-2019), Sweden
- Caitlin Werrell , Co-Founder of the Center for Climate and Security and the Council on Strategic Risks, Research Director of the Council on Strategic Risks (CSR)
- Jamie Shea - Professor of Strategy and Security, University of Exeter, UK; Deputy Assistant Secretary General for Emerging Security Challenges, NATO (2010-2018)
- Laurence Tubiana - CEO of the European Climate Foundation (ECF), France's Ambassador and Special Representative for the 2015 COP21 Climate Change Conference.
- Prof. Katarzyna Pisarska - Director of the Visegrad School of Political Studies (moderator)
- Rasmus Gjedssø Bertelsen - Political scientist and International Relations scholar and inaugural Barents Chair in Politics at the University of Tromsø-The Arctic University of Norway.
- Mary Robinson - President of Ireland 1990 - 1997, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights 1997 - 2000, President of the Mary Robinson Foundation -Climate Justice
- Stephany B.Mazon , Science Officer at Future Earth Finland Workshop 2 Role of the Industry on the climate change issue
- Jane Burston , Executive Director of the Clean Air Fund Workshop 3 Climate change impact on Oceans
- Andrei Polejack , General Coordinator for Oceans, Antarctica and Geosciences -The Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology and Science MCTIC