Ukraine-Supporting institutions to combat ill-treatment in Ukraine
The main beneficiary of the Project is the State Bureau of Investigations (SBI)
Other stakeholders are judiciary and law enforcement agencies, national professional training institutions, Office of the Parliament Commissioner for Human Rights, Office of the Prosecutor General, Parliamentary Committee on Law-Enforcement
The main aim is to support the State Bureau of Investigations in effective application of European standards and practices in combatting human rights violations
The following results are expected under the project:
- SBI staff is better handling ill-treatment and impunity cases in line with the European standards
- SBI has a stronger internal system for effectively combatting ill-treatment and impunity
- SBI staff selection and training procedures are better aligned with European standards
With a view to achieving these results a number of activities will be implemented to provide:
- expert analysis and recommendations (researches, needs assessment)
- institutional support (working groups, on-line consultations with CoE experts, round tables)
- capacity building (trainings, workshops, trainings of trainers).
100 investigators and operative staff of the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) have joined today's online seminar. Together with the Council of Europe experts they had the opportunity to discuss the standards of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR) and the case-law of the European...
Detecting, documenting and investigating torture and other gross human rights violations at the time of war: online workshop for SBI investigators and OPG prosecutors
The two-day online workshop for investigators of the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) and prosecutors of the Office of Prosecutor General (OPG) on specifics of identifying, documenting and investigating gross human rights violations, particularly torture, during armed conflict, wrapped-up...
In August-September 2022, 20 investigators and operatives of the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI) underwent practical course on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) operation for evidence collection when investigating gross human rights violations at the time of war in Ukraine. “The peculiarity of...