On 10 October 2022 (15:00 - 17:15 Kyiv time), a presentation of the needs assessment report in respect of social rights in Ukraine in times of war is to be held. The document was developed within the framework of the Council of Europe Project “Continued support to promoting social human rights in Ukraine”.
The priority areas concerning social rights, on which the future cooperation between the Council of Europe and Ukraine should focus will be presented during the event. Moreover, experts will provide recommendations to improvement and better protection of social rights in Ukraine in times of war. Participants will cover issues of the following rights to: social protection, housing, labour, equality and protection against discrimination in times of war in Ukraine etc.
Respect to and the promotion of social rights is essential in attaining sustainable democracy in Ukraine. The introduction of the Council of Europe standards regarding social rights can contribute to strengthening the economy of Ukraine and ensure it is placed on the most sustainable path both in times of war and after its end.
- Mr Steen Nørlov, Head of the Council of Europe Office in Ukraine;
- Ms Oksana Zholnovych, Minister of Social Policy of Ukraine (tbc);
- Ms Yuliya Sokolovska, Deputy Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine (tbc);
- Ms Olena Kolobrodova, Representative of the Ombudsman on Social and Economic Rights (tbc);
- Ms Uliana Tokareva, Deputy Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine (tbc);
- Ms Margarita Galstyan, Project Manager, Department of the Social Rights, Council of Europe;
- Siuzanna Mnatsakanian, Senior Project Officer, Council of Europe Project “Continued support to promoting social human rights in Ukraine”;
- Ms Monika Smusz-Kulesza, PhD, international consultant of the Council of Europe, Judge of District Court of Łódź-Śródmieście (Poland), Lecturer at the University of Łódź, Faculty of Law and Administration (Poland);
- Mr Bogdan Moysa, national consultant of the Council of Europe, Analyst of the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union;
- Ms Alla Fedorova, PhD, international and national consultant of the Council of Europe.
Representatives of state authorities, the public, media and all persons interested in the topic of social rights are invited to participate.
To join the event, you need to register via the link by 10:00 a.m. on October 10.
The event will be held online at ZOOM platform.
Simultaneous ENG-UKR-ENG interpretation is provided.For contact information: Siuzanna Mnatsakanian, senior officer of the Council of Europe Project “Continued support to promoting social human rights in Ukraine”.