The Council of Europe's framework relating to Ethics comprises the following rules:
- Staff Regulations
- Charter on professional ethics of 15 July 2005
- Council of Europe Purchasing Code of Ethics of 25 October 2005
- Instruction No. 51 of 10 June 2006 on internal inquiries
- Instruction No. 65 of 28 June 2016 on investigations
- Rule No. 1296 of 18 December 2008 on the acceptance of fees, gifts, decorations or honours, invitations and other advantages from third parties
- Rule No. 1282 of 18 October 2007 on the declaration of interests in the context of procurement
and grant award
- Rule No. 1375 of 13 January 2016 modifying rule 1282 on the declaration of interests in the context
- Rule No. 1392 of 13 December 2017 amending Rule No. 1282 of 18 October 2007 on the declaration
of interests in the context of procurement
- Rule No. 1292 of 3 September 2010 on the protection of human dignity at the Council of Europe.
See Part III - Procedure before the Commission against Harassment
- Rule No. 1236 of 14 December 2006 on secondary activities of staff members and on
publications and lectures dealing with subjects relating to the activities of the Organisation
(Articles 27 and 32-35 of the Staff Regulations). See Article 5 - additional conditions relating to
- Rule No. 1327 of 10 January 2011 on awareness and prevention of fraud and corruption.
Clarifies the rights and obligations in relation to reporting of suspected fraud and corruption
and ensures protection of individuals who report suspected fraud or corruption or who cooperate
with an investigation.
- Rule No. 1333 of 29 June 2011 on the procurement procedures of the Council of Europe
- Rule No. 1327 of 10 January 2011 on awareness and prevention of fraud and corruption