Convention rights and issues I need to consider in the following situations...
- Use of force
- Protection of others from violence, injury and risk to life
- Being in charge of persons deprived of their liberty (in any context)
- Arresting and detaining people on suspicion of committing a criminal offence
- Dealing with would-be immigrants
- Looking after psychiatric patients
- Eavesdropping or secretly monitoring communications
- Dealing with family issues like adoption and taking children into care
- Authorising or policing meetings or demonstrations
- Dealing with planning applications
- Taking decisions affecting a person's right to carry on a business, trade or profession
Do you touch on any of the Convention rights in your work?