TRAINING RESOURCES FOR HISTORY EDUCATION
The HIS training resources of the Pestalozzi program offer teachers and trainers of primary and secondary schools a « bank of activities » to learn to better teach and better live the values of the Council of Europe for history education.
The resources were developed by experts who participated in the training modules for teacher trainers. They were edited for publication by Ms Pascale Mompoint-Gaillard, General Rapporteur of the Module series. We invite you to use them and send us your comments in order that we can always improve their contents.
· Using Media Education in Teaching History (Ülle Luisk, Estonia)
· Evaluating History Textbooks (Salomeja Bitlieriute, Lituania)
· La propagande durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale (Pierre Hella, Belgique)
· Selecting and using historical sources (Tahany Shemeis, Egypt)
· Teaching difficult issues- An example: teaching the Holocaust (Richard Harris, United Kingdom)
· The USA and the Versailles Treaties: an example of teaching on a controversial issue in history (Armen Khachikyan, Armenia)
For any questions or comments please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The opinions expressed in those works are the responsibility of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy of the Council of Europe.