Canada was granted observer status on 3 April 1996.
Which conventions has Canada signed and/or ratified?
- the Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons
- the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
- the Anti-Doping Convention
- the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region
- the Convention on Cybercrime
- the Additional Protocol to the Anti-Doping Convention
- the Additional Protocol to the Convention on cybercrime, concerning the criminalisation of acts of a racist and xenophobic nature committed through computer systems
- the Protocol amending the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
Of which partial agreements is Canada a member / an observer?
- the European Pharmacopoeia Commission (EDQM) since 1 November 1991
- the European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission) since 23 May 1991
Canada co-operates on an ad hoc basis with the Pompidou Group to Combat Drug Abuse and Illict Trafficking in Drugs.
Canada at the Parliamentary Assembly
Canada holds observer status with the Parliamentary Assembly since 28 May 1997 and is represented by a delegation of six members.
Canada at Council of Europe committees
Canada has observer status with:
- the European Committee for Youth (CDEJ)
- the Steering Committee on Bioethics (CDBI).