Canada at the Parliamentary Assembly
Canada holds observer status with the Parliamentary Assembly since 28 May 1997 and is represented by a delegation of six members.
Canada at Council of Europe committees
Canada has observer status with:
- the European Committee for Youth (CDEJ)
- the Steering Committee on Bioethics (CDBI).
What is observer status?
Canada was granted observer status on 3 April 1996.
Which conventions has Canada signed and/or ratified?
- the Convention on the Transfer of Sentenced Persons
- the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
- the Anti-Doping Convention
- the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region
- the Convention on Cybercrime
- the Additional Protocol to the Anti-Doping Convention
- the Additional Protocol to the Convention on cybercrime, concerning the criminalisation of acts of a racist and xenophobic nature committed through computer systems
- the Protocol amending the Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters
Of which partial agreements is Canada a member / an observer?
- the European Pharmacopoeia Commission (EDQM) since 1 November 1991
- the European Commission for Democracy through Law (Venice Commission) since 23 May 1991
Canada co-operates on an ad hoc basis with the Pompidou Group to Combat Drug Abuse and Illict Trafficking in Drugs.