This part of our web site is dedicated to aspects of intercultural understanding and education
The Pestalozzi Programme organises and runs training activities on key concerns of the Council of Europe in the field of education such as education for democratic citizenship, human rights, multiperspectivity in history education, media literacy, etc. for education professionals from the 50 countries of the European Cultural Convention. It also supports an online Community of Practice. The promotion of intercultural understanding is central to each training activity, whatever the specific topic being dealt with.
Here are some of the major outcomes of our work with regard to mutual, intercultural understanding.
- What shows that you are interculturally competent?
This web application* – optimised for smartphones and tablets - will help you look at your intercultural competence in a playful way, recognise your strong points as well as areas which need further development.
* available in English, French and Greek
- Recognising intercultural competence: available in 19 languages: The present tool was developed by a group of 30 teachers, school heads and experts from all over Europe in a three-day Think Tank, drawing on [More]
- Developing Intercultural Competence through Education: Pestalozzi series No.3 [More]
This book in bilingual (English/French) is available online in pdf format.
- Intercultural competence for all - Preparation for living in a heterogeneous world: Pestalozzi series No.2 [More]
- Summer School 2013: Understanding Diversity [More]
- Education for the prevention of discrimination (2011-2012) [More]
- Training teaching resources for diversity [More]
- The Autobiography of Intercultural Encounters: Council of Europe's online course in the use of the Autobiography of Intercultural Encounters (AIE). [More]
Programme is the
Council of Europe's programme for the
of teachers and